- [3/3/2009] Added a new option which allows you to enable tilt even in darkness. I had deliberately disabled it for valid reasons, but some people thought the tilt feature suddenly stops working not realizing that it is intentionally disabled in darkness (i.e in your pocket)
- [2/9/2009] Two major improvements. Added very precise calculation for the Tilting feature. Also, the Shake feature is extremely sensitive and reliable(try with Sensitivity 15)
- [1/27/2009] The fully functional 5 day trial version is available for download here. Please uninstall Meeting Buddy from your phone first if you have it installed.
- Microsoft.NET 3.5 framework can be downloaded here. Copy this cab to your phone and run it from the phone.
- If you like the trial version it is also available for purchase : (I prefer the Paypal method because Pocketgear pockets more than 50% of the sales proceeds from me)
- PAYPAL : (Preferred) – $5 only !!
- POCKETGEAR :$6
Phone Buddy is an upgrade to Meeting Buddy for HTC Diamond. It has many more features than Meeting Buddy and the price is the same. I have highlighted all the new features in Red
- Tilt Control: The biggest featuer that I have added to Phone Buddy compared to Meeting Buddy is Tilt Control. When enabled it will go forward/backward depending on the screen you are on when you tilt your phone left or right. See video below
- Flip phone to vibrate : Puts your phone into vibrate mode when you put your HTC Diamond face down, and will set it back to normal ringer when you put it face-up. It uses HTC Diamond’s built in accelerometer/G-Sensor for this.
- If you check ‘Use Outlook Integration’, Phone buddy will put your phone into vibrate mode only if it sees that you are in a meeting (It does this by checking your phone’s outlook calendar)
- If you use ‘Outlook Integration’ another settings becomes available to you called ‘Pocket Sensor’, if you check this, Phone Buddy will put your phone into vibrate mode, if it senses darkness (i.e your phone is probably in your pocket). It uses HTC Diamond’s light sensor for this.
- Phone Buddy also has an option which allows you to lock/unlock the phone automatically using ambient light. So, if it is dark it will lock the phone’s keyboard. (So you don’t accidentally dial someone when your phone is in your pocket). It will unlock the keyboard as soon as you take it out of your pocket. You can also tell Phone buddy to activate this feature between certain hours of the day. eg. between 7 Am and 5 Pm.
- Another option that it gives you is to lock/unlock the phone when you shake your phone. I have added the option to control Shake sensitivity too.
- ‘Auto unlock on Incoming call’ is very obvious. If your phone’s keyboard is locked and Phone Buddy detects an incoming call, it will unlock the keyboard or you, so you don’t have to fumble around.
- ‘Auto unlock when Stylus removed’ unlocks your phone as soon as you take out the Stylus.
- ‘Hassle Free Installation’ No need to copy a .CAB file to your phone and run it. You can simply run the setup on your desktop and it will automatically install it to your phone.
Here are screenshots of the Configuration options for Phone Buddy :
The good news is that it will be available for the same price, and all existing buyers will get a free upgrade. I will continue to offer Meeting Buddy for download as well (Although I don’t know why people would want that)
If you like the software buy it here :
Check out these other Titles too :
- http://tinyurl.com/atimetonap (Time To Nap !)
- https://nishantpant.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/dudler-your-drunk-dialling-assistant/ (Drunk Dialer)
- http://tinyurl.com/iTmobile (iTmobile – Check your Tmobile minutes on your iPhone)